1) Open a terminal
2) sudo mkdir /media/directory-you-want-to-mount-to
3) sudo gedit /etc/fstab
4) When the gedit window opens, add the following:
//router-ip-address/USB_Storage/directory-you-want-to-mount-from /media/directory-you-want-to-mount-to cifs guest,_netdev 0 0
6) sudo mount -a
7) If successful, you should see the drive mounted on you desktop. If not successful, I'm guessing that you'll get a message from 'mount' command. I'd recommend that 'mount -a' works before restarting, you might have issues with logging in if you don't.
- I read that '_netdev' is used to wait until the network connection is available to finalize the command.
- If you need a secured login, see http://opensuse.swerdna.org/susesambacifs.html#permsec
- I've recently had to include 'sec=ntlm' before 'guest' above in order to make the connection. Without it, I was getting an input/output error.