Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Floppy

I was thinking about the floppy this morning. At one time it was the only way to carry data from place to place. And now it is no longer useful. Sure you might be able to store one Word doc on it. With the megapixels were into now with pictures and the lossless quality music files, the floppy just doesn't cut it.

I recall my first floppy drives. Back in the day, I had a Tandy 1000 with two floppy drives. Both were of the 5.25" variety. I remember, also, that those floppy drives were the only way to get use of the computer. No hard drive!

Then we got the 3.5" floppy. 200 more KB and even more portable. I still have a 3.5" floppy in my desktop. I'm not thinking that I'll ever really be able to use it. I'm just too lazy to take it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment